I just did an update on some of my website’s WordPress installed plugins including the Slidedeck 2 Lite. Upon update it is now on Version 2.3.3. and as expected the SD bug logo exasperatingly appears again.
Well, it’s not that I don’t want to give due credit to this wonderful plugin, but hey, this is an open-source tool. Just like any other free plugins, they should have provided an option for their users to choose to display the logo or not.
Nonetheless, a website owner’s concern is to make his/her website look professional and free from clutter.
Now here’s the problem, the old way to remove the bug logo doesn’t work anymore and since it’s a new update, there are no available guidelines online. So I tried to figure it out myself and fortunately, I did the job.
Let me share you how to remove the logo on your slider.
Here are the steps:
1. Go to your web directory by logging in to your cPanel or thru a FTP app like Filezilla.
2. Go to your WordPress root directory and locate the ‘slidedeck.php’ file.
3. Search for
Under it is a code you need to comment out. Just do so by putting “//” in front of the code. Refer to the image below for details.
4. Load the page applied with Slidedeck 2 and voila! The cluttering SD logo is now gone
If you have anything to clarify, just post your questions on the comment box below.
Share and Enjoy
Latest posts by Mark Vincent del Rosario (see all)
- Free Elegant Resume / CV Template in MS Word [DOCX] Format - May 18, 2017
- Free HTML Coming Soon Template with Timer - May 6, 2017
- American Guy Made His Own iPhone From Parts Bought In China - May 1, 2017